Wednesday, April 1

Finished: Fetching mitts

Once again, I am way behind the curve on knitting the popular patterns. And really, the only reason I made these was because I had 100 yards of Malabrigo to use up and I didn't know what else to make. (I've gotten sick of seeing the same old balls of yarn in my stash and am in need of some turnover.)


Fetching mitts


They are the perfect size to keep me a little warmer when it is chilly inside but not so big they get in the way of either long sleeves or hand dexterity.

Hrmm... what else to say about these? Oh - when I was putting stitches on hold for the second thumb, I noticed that I had miss crossed the one of the cables on the first cable round. After contemplating for a minute and deciding that no, I couldn't live with it, I dropped the four stitched that made up the cable all the way down and fixed that cross (and then the two above it) with a crochet hook. And even I can't tell which cable it was now.


Fetching mitts


Pattern: Fetching by Cheryl Niamath, Knitty Summer '06 (on Ravelry)
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Pearl, less than 100 yards
Needles: bamboo dpns, US4
Started/Finished: March 11/March 19

No comments: