Thursday, January 22

Finished: Winter Break Socks


Holiday knit socks


These were fun socks to knit. I started them Christmas Eve and finished the first week in January. Really fast for me; usually I need at least a month to finish a pair of socks. Ah, the joys of working in education and having time off over the holidays! This was my first time doing a "bubble drop stitch" type pattern, and I have to admit that I didn't even know how it was accomplished until I tried this pattern.

The yarn is Lion Brand Sock-Ease, which I bought at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon and falling in love with the colors as I was walking past. I was pleased with the quality of this yarn, especially when compared to Lion Brand's old sock yarn Magic Stripes. The yarn is very similar to Regia and the colors are very nice and didn't bleed at all when washed.

(I believe this sock yarn holds the record of "least time spend in my stash before knitting". I bought this sock yarn maybe two and a half months ago? Most of my sock yarn stash is years old, and I usually go for the oldest stuff first.)


Holiday sock top


Pattern: Zombie Socks by Sheryl Giles (only available on Ravelry)
Yarn: Lion Brand Sock-Ease in "Rock Candy"
Needles: two 24" 0US Addi Turbos
Started/Finished: December 24, 2009 - January 9, 2009

No comments: