Friday, January 9

2009... Resolutions?

I don't typically make new year's resolutions - at least I don't call them that - but this year there are a few things I've had in mind and January 1 seemed like a good time to start.

You many notice two new pages on this site, although neither one is knitting related. (I wanted to try "quit my job and knit full time" as a resolution but it didn't happen this year...)

I want to take more photographs, and get back into the habit of carrying my camera with me without feeling like a dork taking random photos. To encourage this, I've started "365 Photos of 2009" to take at least one photo every day. Since it is winter and there is not much I want to do but be inside away from snow, they first photos are little boring. I'm hoping that improves the weather gets warmer and I get more creative with this project.

My other goal is more ambitious - that is to read 52 books a in year, or an average of one per week. I have been telling myself to "read more" for a few years now. I used to read all of the time, any book I could get my hands on, but I've dropped off dramatically. I joined the 52 Books in 52 Weeks on Ravelry in December and just finished with my second book of the new year. So I'm on track of one per week already, and embarrassingly have already read a third the number of books as I did in all of 2008.
If I think of it I might post some book reviews here, since I am already on the lookout for recommendations myself.

No comments: