Sunday, November 25

Cozy.

I hope everyone in the U.S. had a relaxing and enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend. My favorite part was where I didn't have to go to work on Thursday and Friday...

We had a very cozy Thanksgiving dinner with just my husband and I, my parents and my grandparents. My contributions to dinner (well, desert mostly) were homemade cranberry sauce, jello salad with pecans, apple slices and whole cranberries, two pumpkins pies, a sweet potato pie, and ginger-spiced whipped topping. Yum.

I didn't work much on any of my gift projects - this is getting serious here. I'm not sure how things are going to be finished if I never work on them! But I did start the tea cozy kit for my aunt's gift Thursday night while watching a movie with my parents. (See #4 here.) You knit two squares and then join them and knit in the round, to make opening for the spout and handle. I've made decent progress so far:


Tea Cozy


Not bad. Once again, the cabling-without-a-cable-needle trick is saving me loads of time. I would like to finish this by next weekend, since I will be seeing my Mom again and she can include it in the package she mails to my aunt. The kit included embellishments and closures for the bottom corners which all need to be attached by my deadline.

No comments: