Wednesday, January 17

Unfinished project #1

In keeping with my promise to finish a few projects before starting anything new, I decided to work on a sweater while it is still winter. But now that I think about it, would it make more sense to finish the lacey summer top I have going first? So, you know, they actually will be done in time for summer? Hmmmm...


Anyways, I am making this sweater from Family Circle Easy Knitting Fall 2004:

sweater pattern photo
(Is it just me, or is the model's head way too big for her body?)


The yarn (Debbie Bliss Merino Aran) has already been knit once a few years ago, into a less than flattering top down seamless raglan that was a "good learning experience". I'd include a link to an old post, but Blogger is being stubborn and will not let me transfer my archives to Wordpress.


I completed the front, back, and sleeve ribbing last September and then put it all aside for an unknown reason. Probably something more interesting caught my eye! One big change I am making to the pattern is to have the knit side of the fabric face out. I'm not a fan of the reverse stockingette look.

sweater in progress


You can see that the yarn looks a little raggedy after being ripped out of the first sweater, but it blocks out nicely once washed. Hopefully I can have this finished in the next week and be able to wear it this winter still. (Not that I want it to stay frigid cold - an unseasonable heat wave works for me too.)

No comments: