Wednesday, January 10

Baby Bear

I mentioned a week or so ago that I had drastically cut my holiday knitting plans down to a more managable list. Which ended up being one thing. Which I finished in August before I even made the list, so I'm not actually sure it counts. Here it is - a Baby Bobbi Bear for my mom:

Baby Bobbi Bear


I bought the pattern last August at Stitches Midwest and completed the bear soon after. I was so pleased at how it turned out I almost couldn't give him up. I also had to fight the urge to give it to Mom every time I saw her.

I used Lion Brand Cotton yarn, since I loved the sample at Stitches knit out of Blue Sky Alpaca cotton. The only reason I haven't made an exact copy for myself is because the cotton yarn on size 4 dpns just about killed my hands.

I added the little scarf because I thought he needed "something" before I stuck him in tissue paper and a gift bag. I almost just used a ribbon but the scarf took no time at all to knit and makes him super adorable.

So as for all those forgotten holiday projects, at least one will definitely see the light of day again. And I probably should start working on it soon - so I don't have to put it off for another holiday again!

No comments: