Monday, November 2

Finished Yarn: Neapolitan

I've been itching to do some spinning since I purchased the alpaca fiber last week. I have a growing stash of nice fiber, but haven't had the nerve to spin much of it for fear of 'ruining' it.

In my defense, it's not like knitting - if I mess up, I can't just un-spin it. (Would that be nips? Like tink?)

Anyway, my desire to make yarn took over and I got out some Neapolitan Blue Faced Leicester fiber from Spunky Eclectic. I tried spinning from the fold for the first time, in an attempt to get a little softer, loftier yarn than those I have previously spun.


Spunky Eclectic BFL Neapolitan
BFL Neapolitan yarn


It worked so well. Much easier than I anticipated, and it seemed to go quickly too. I ended up with around 114 yarns of semi bulky yarn from 4oz of fiber. I haven't measured the wraps per inch yet, but I'm guessing it's around 7 wpi.

I think I am going to make a cowl or short cabled scarf from it.

No comments: