Tuesday, March 31

Finished: Circular Shrug

And so begins the backlog of FO posts. This is a project that had been on my radar for years. I first saw it on Craftster and filed it away in my memory as "something to do sometime". When I came across it again on Ravelry last year, I added it to my queue and then forgot about it again.

I only got around to making it because I was (am?) on a stash yarn kick and wanted to use up some Bernat Denim Style yarn I received as a gift about 4 years ago. Of course it only used 2.5 of the 5 balls I had; not really good planning on my part. I have used this yarn in the past for another shrug and really love how it washes up. The first shrug has been thrown in the washer and dryer and just keeps getting softer. I originally wanted to make a full sweater out of these 5 balls .... again, bad planning.

Obligatory "as seen from above" shot:

Flat Circular Shrug


Being worn: (I will warn you in advance that this is an exceedingly awful photo of both me and the shrug.)

Circular Shrug


I still need to find a pin or button to close it with - I used a green barrette for the photo, but it doesn't stay closed for very long.


Pattern: Circular Shrug by Julia Allen (free pattern; on Ravelry)
Yarn: Bernat Denim Style, 2.25 skeins (about 440 yds)
Needles: US7 Knit Picks Options
Started/Finished: January 15/February 5

No comments: