Sunday, November 30

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend

situation update: my laptop computer still unaccounted for, despite my husband spending another half hour on the phone last Friday. I am at work (on a Sunday) to spend a little time on the internet.


I hope everyone in the U.S. had a happy and safe Thanksgiving. We had a small get together at my parents house with good food and good company. I had Thursday and Friday off work which was fabulous since it’s the longest break from work I’ve had in over a year. (Well, if you ignore the fact that I am technically at work now…)

I didn’t have to prepare any of the main dishes for thanksgiving dinner this year. My contributions were cranberry sauce (deceptively easy to make, but not can-shaped), two pumpkin pies, a sweet potato pie, and banana pudding. Everything came off perfectly, except I ran out of sugar halfway through the second pie and had to run out to the grocery store on the night before thanksgiving. That was an adventure.

I haven’t been knitting much lately. I am bored with all of my current projects but feeling to guilty to start something new. (So far I have had exactly zero inspiration to knit any gifts this year.) I have had an urge to get my sewing machine out lately, so I might stop and buy some fabric on my way home. I’ve had visions of holiday place mats and cloth napkins, as well as some easy fabric gift bags.

No comments: