Tuesday, July 17

Colorful Coincidence?

I am back home and (mostly) recovered from my long weekend at the Chicagoland Speedway. I started my MS3 last night and am pleased with the results so far. I am not adding beads, mostly because I didn't have any that looked nice with the yarn and I was too cheap/anxious to start to buy some.


MS31
there was no swatching anywhere near this project


Last week I divided the top of my Bluebell Boatneck pullover and connected the body under the sleeves. I need to knit a few more plain rows and then put the whole thing on a long piece of yarn to try it on. I know this is an essential step, not to mention the whole point of knitting from the top down, but I am not looking forward to moving all those stitches off and then back on the needle.


Bluebell Boatneck pullover


I realized as I was taking these photos that the yarn colors in the two projects are very similar. This happens to me quite a lot, and I never seem to realize what I am doing until after the fact. For example, around the time I knit a lime green Bob I also knit a lime green dishcloth and purchased a lime green purse. I go in spurts where everything I buy matches - I had a brown clothing run a few months ago, and now have way to many brown tops (and how often do I really want to wear brown in the summer?).

2 comments:

chris said...

Lovely - I didn't swatch for mine either. And I just thought I'd throw this out there, whenever I had to try on a top down sweater, instead of puttin it off on yarn, I just took another long circular and put half the stitches on there. The same size works best, because then you can just knit off the extra needle, but if not, all you have to put back on the right needle is the stitches on the extra - make sense? It was a lot faster than putting all the stitches on yarn, for me.

Alex said...

I love the colors for the MS3 chart - I should totally do that!