Sunday, May 11

something different


This is what I have been working on for the past two days. I needed something new, different, and small to work on during finals week. It represents two things: trying to learn how to make something from a chart - type pattern, and my first cables. The cables haven't been a problem, but the chart keeps confusing me. I've frogged this little thing more than all my other projects combined I think. But, it does seem a little easier than reading all the pattern abbrev. for complicated stitches (or at least it will once I get the hang of it). The swatch is made out of cotton; the plan was to try out a bunch of stitches and then use them as dishcloths. Of course, I didn't do a border and put no thought at all into where the cables will fall in swatch (the one right on the edge for example) but thats ok. The pattern is calld "cables and stripes" or something close to that, from Barbara Walker's Charted Knitting Designs. I checked it out from the library yesterday and now I have to own a copy - its that cool.

No comments: