Friday, June 19

D'oh Nuts

I wanted to make this knit donut for my dad, only modify it to look like Homer's donut. Easy enough, right? Especially since I found the perfect colors of yarn. But my inability to simply follow a pattern as written and my horrendous sewing-up skills have made this little thing the most frustrating project I've done in a long time.

This was my first attempt:

do'nut issues

do'nut issues


Thinking about it now, it would have been better to use a provisional cast on, instead of trying to neatly and invisibly sew together the cast on and bind off edges.

Also, I didn't really pay attention to the gauge differences of the two yarns and the pink frosting ended up too high and poofy. The second attempt was not much better.

I think I need to just rip it out and start over. So now my urge to stuff it in a drawer and forget about it is conflicting with my desire to finish it by fathers day.

I feel completely untalented right now.

No comments: