Tuesday, December 9

I wasn’t. Until now.

I was shopping with my dad last Sunday, and he asked what I was making mom for Christmas. I said nothing –I wasn’t making anything for anyone this year. He said something like “Oh!...” I don’t remember the rest of the conversation, but it left me with a twinge of need to knit things.

So now I’m planning on making a few little drawstring pouches to hold small gifts and some pairs of mini mittens for people who haven’t received a pair yet. We’ll see how it goes. I don’t think I will be adding to that list but you never know.

Mostly I am making non-knit things this year, namely sugary treats.

I’m planning on giving an assortment of treats to a few coworkers, as well as making a plate to leave in the division office next week.

I am a little worried that it is too early for some of the things I want to make, since I have no freezer space to speak of for storage, so only goodies for work will be made this weekend. I’ll do another round of baking after the 20th for the people I’ll actually see on Christmas.

Here is what I am planning on so far:

Chewy caramels (I think mom is planning on snagging some of these for her coworkers), “As Good as Fannie May” fudge (that would be the Chicago chocolate company Fannie May, not the bailed out mortgage brokers), and then some type of cookie product. I’m leaning towards one of my favorite German cookies, such as Nussecken(nut triangles w/ a choco dipped corner) or Pfeffernuesse (spicy bite size cookies).

Steve has been angling for chocolate covered pretzels lately, so I might throw those into the mix for him. Of course, with melted chocolate around I might as well dip some marshmallow and peanut clusters, gummi bears (seriously) or strawberries. The possibilities are endless.

I’ll link to any recipes I decide to use later this week when I make up my ingredient shopping list. Yumm... I'm getting hungry just thinking of all these goodies.


mini mitts 2

No comments: