Wednesday, July 16

Finished: Something Red

Actually, I should call this "Something Slate".


"Something Red" sweater


I am very happy with this sweater, even though it took me forever to finish. I checked my notes and it was started way back on October 5 of last year! Sheesh. In my defense, I didn't work on it for a number of months while I was knitting Christmas, Mother's Day, and Father's Day gifts for people. Then I didn't knit it some more once the weather turned warm, since it is rather uncomfortable to have a pile of alpaca on your lap in the summer. But I got to the point where I just wanted it finished already and I'm happy I did - now it is ready to wear once fall is here.


"Something Red" sweater


Knit and Tonic's Something Red (Ravelry link)
Elsebeth Lavold's Classic AL yarn, 50% baby alpaca/50% merino wool, purchased from WEBS at Stitches Midwest last summer. (Check it out - they have it for $3.49 a ball!)
Knit Picks Options size US5 needles
Started: October 5, 2007
Finished: July 6, 2008


"Something Red" sweater

I have to admit that while this yarn feels very very soft, I could feel some little hairs poking me around the camisole I was wearing under it when these photos were taken. But that could also have been because I was trying to wear an alpaca and wool sweater in 90F weather. We'll see how it goes in a more appropriate environment.

(ETA: I am horrified by how chunky I look in these photos. Unfortunately I don't think it is just the photos either, as most of my summer clothes are snug. Blech.)

1 comment:

Libby said...

So jealous. Will you finish mine for me? I think yours looks fabulous, and you'll love wearing it in the fall.

While I don't think you look at all "chunky" in these pictures, I'm having trouble looking at photos of myself right now and wondering how all of my clothes keep shrinking. I have a FO that I haven't posted because I hate the pictures so much. Guess it's time to get off my butt a little more...