Saturday, April 5

Shopping Saturday

I started a lace project last night which with a small amount of luck and some serious knitting will be my Mom's mother's day gift. I decided to use size 3US needles, but my beloved Knit Picks interchangeable set only goes down to size four. I tried an Inox circular and a Clover bamboo circ, but the points were so blunt that it was driving me crazy within the first 10 rows. The Knit Picks needles have nice tips, but I can't afford the shipping time to order the correct size and have any shot at finishing this by Mother's Day. (Plus, I am too impatient to wait.)

Since I was heading in that direction anyway I decided to stop at my not-so-local yarn store, the fabulous I'd Rather Be Knitting in Long Grove, IL and pick up a pair of Addi Lace Turbos. A splurge, since they were almost $14 and really, who can go to a yarn store and not by yarn?


Misti Alpaca sock yarn


Misti Alpaca sock yarn; a splurge indeed! But it is so soft and the colors so gorgeous that there is no way I could pass it up. This photo does not do the color justice. While it has an overall blue/green shade there are hints of everything from yellow to purple to brown. This yarn is 50% alpaca, 30% merino wool, 10% silk, and 10% nylon. I think I will just sit it next to my chair and pet it for a while.

I'll post a review of the Addi Lace needles once I have some more knitting time under my belt with them.

No comments: