Friday, February 8

Sweater Progress

I started the Something Red sweater from Knit and Tonic back in October. (Had to check my notes to even remember!) I cast on, worked about 10 rows, and put it down to knit Christmas gifts. I finally picked it up last week and remembered how much I love it. More specifically, how much I love the yarn I am using. It is Elsebeth Lavold's Classic AL, 50% baby alpaca and 50% Merino wool, that I got a great deal on at WEBS last year. It is so soft. I love to work on this sweater just to be able to touch the yarn. (psssst: click the WEBS link, and you'll find it is marked down to $3.49 a ball from $7!)


something red 2


The sweater itself is going quickly. I am a little bit further now than the photo shows. The sleeves are on hold and I am working even for the body on top of the ribbing. I did try it on once when I separated the sleeves and it seems to be going perfectly. I probably should knock on wood now - my row gauge is less than the pattern calls for so I needed more increases on the raglan shoulder line to reach the armhole depth. I was worried that it was going to end up too wide, but all seems to be well so far. I am going to try it on again before I start the ribbing just to make sure, since I have a bad track record of making things that are too big.

No comments: