Tuesday, September 11

Ravelry

I have a photo of the Bluebell Boatneck sleeve I have been working on, but my camera and computer are not communicating at the moment. I can view the photos just fine in the camera, but when I put the memory card into my computer I get a message saying it needs to be formatted.

Until I can fix it, I thought I’d say a few things about Ravelry. I know many, many people are still waiting for their invitation. I must have actually been somewhat ahead of the curve on this one since I received mine a few weeks ago. I almost didn’t sign up at all since it didn’t sound like something I’d be interested in. It was sort of billed as the “My Space” of the knitting world and I am so totally not into those types of sites. Oh how wrong I was. Being able to see dozens (or hundreds) of knitters’ versions of different patterns, or what people are using a particular yarn for all in one place is very convenient – not to mention fun!

So if you have not added your name to the invite list go do it now; they are going live at some point but it couldn’t hurt to have your name in for the beta anyway. If you are already in Ravelry, come be my friend! My user name there is sknits.

I still need to add a bunch of older completed projects, but need to fire up my old computer and load the photos into flickr first. Hopefully I will have time to do that this week(end)!

No comments: