Wednesday, August 2

Happy Birthday to Mom (and me)!

This past Saturday was my Moms birthday. I made her a knit beaded bracelet from an Earthfaire kit (the "crystal plus" bead soup kit).





(I also got a bead soup bracelet kit for myself and a kit for MaryElla from Knitty. I couldn't resist!)

I have never knit anything with beads before, let alone beads on thread with size 0 needles, but the bracelet was very easy. The instructions from Earthfaire were great - the hardest part was stringing the beads onto the thread in a "random" order! I kept thinking about to too much an agonizing over which one to use next.

Yesterday was my birthday. It was pretty uneventful, but nice. I had to work of course, but was treated to lunch by my coworkers. I received fabulous gifts from both my parents and husband, include a subscription of Interweave knits, Mason-Dixon Knitting, Lois and Clark Season 2, and three Nintendo DS games: Electroplankton, Magnetica, Super Princess Peach. Too much fun. =)





Also, I purchased tickets for Stitches Midwest. Only 10 days more to wait! I have been trying to make it for the last three years, but things have always come up. However now that I am living only a few miles away from the convention center nothing is going to stop me!

1 comment:

Libby said...

I'm late, but hope you had a happy birthday!!! Looks like you got some great goodies. I'm jealous about Stitches Midwest. I really wanted to try to make it this year, but it doesn't look like it is going to happen...again.
Happy belated birthday!