Monday, February 2

Tip Toes

I am putting off the denim diamonds socks in order to try out some toes and heels from my new Cool Socks Warm Feel book. I'm trying to do them toe-up, both at once, on two circs. First I made two separate short row toes that looked like this:





Then I picked up stitches from the provisional cast on, put them both on two circs and started(well, attempted at least) to knit around.



the yarn is Regia multieffect


I think I am getting the hang of the two at once thing. It feels sort of slow, but I think it will get easier. I also really like the short row toe, and will definitely use it again.

I had some issues with my provisional cast on however. I have done it a few times successfully in the past so I am not sure what went wrong this time. When I tried to "unzip" the crochet chain, it would not come out. So I had to pick it back the whole way. BUT when I did there were not loops waiting to be grabbed but a solid finished edge! It actually looked like a very nice edge but that was totally not what I was going for. I'd almost like to know how I did it, to I could get the same smooth cast on again!

No comments: