Sunday, June 23

Two Months?

Wow, time sure got away from me.   It's amazing how fast "tomorrow" turns into two months from now.    Summer is finally (mostly) here and things are busy as usual.   I am taking a couple of classes "for fun" at the college where I work.   Actually, I am getting some education to back up my experience with graphic design.  - 'self-taught' doesn't get you very far on a resume!   I don't think it will even be anything  beyond a side job, but you never know.

My garden is doing well, except for some various pest issues.   I've never had any problems with plants been eaten by either bugs or animals until this year.  I think I may be rabbits.  My bean plants especially have been mowed down to nothing.  Looking for some non-toxic solutions.  I've heard red pepper flakes around the edge of the garden will keep them out.  Anyone have any experience with this?

I went to the Midwest Folk Art and Fiber Fair yesterday.   It's only a 15 minute drive from home - very convenient!   I will post a photo of the goodies I bought plus some more details tomorrow.  Or two months from now.  Whichever comes first.  :)




Garden, June 2013

No comments: