Sunday, August 14

Finished: Mud River Socks


Mud River Socks


Look! I finished something! This feels like a real accomplishment, and a step in the right direction, since I have started approximately 3,000 projects recently but finished nothing.

I call these socks "Mud River" since the pattern is designed after the Kalajoki river in Finland, but I choose a brownish red yarn instead of something more reminiscent of water.

The pattern for the Kalajoki socks can be found as a free pdf on Ravelry.

Since I knew I would have plenty of yarn, I did one more chart repeat on the leg then written. It makes these the tallest socks I've ever knit. After trying them on, I got such an urge to knit knee socks or even thigh high stockings. They sound so comfy for wintertime but also like so. much. knitting. Maybe if I find some DK weight yarn?


Mud River Socks
(It's hard to capture how tall they are when photographing your own feet.)

1 comment:

AdrieneJ said...

Those are beautiful! I love the sheen of the yarn. It really brings out the pattern. I'm not a sock-knitter, so it's double-awe for me. Nicely done!