Saturday, October 4

Seasons collide?

I had to stop at the grocery store on my way home from work last night to pick up a few things for dinner. (Which was taco soup. I’ll have to give you the recipe some time since it is one of our favorite meals, and one of the only meat-free things my husband will eat happily.) I broke down and bought a bag of Halloween candy which I swear is going to be the only bag I buy this year. I have a bad habit of buying a few different kinds and eating it myself since my husband will eat one piece and then forget all about it.

I love lollipops and hard candy ‘cause the give a little more bang for the caloric buck than chocolate. My current favorites are Carmel Apple Pops from Tootsie Roll. These seem to be something people either love or hate. The outside is sweet and sticky caramel and the lollipop part is sour green apple. Yum.

When I turned on the car radio as I was leaving Jewel I heard “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”. Seriously. I was a more than a little incredulous that someone would be playing Christmas music already. It usually doesn't start until the day after Thanksgiving. The station wasn’t coming in clearly since it was on the frequency I use for my iPod FM transmitter (and not usually a broadcast station at all).

But then the next song up was “Horse with No Name” by America.

Very bizarre.

No comments: