Friday, October 24

Apples, still. (Includes a yummy recipe.)

Remember my 20 pounds of apples? I'm still trying to find ways to use them before they start getting mushy spots. I found this recipe while looking through my very unorganized recipe binder. Papa (grandpa) typed it up for me a few years ago - it is "his favorite" apple crisp recipe from my grandmother. It is very delicious, and easy to make. I even had all the ingredients which usually never happens when I want to bake something on the spur of the moment.


apple crisp


Omi's Apple Crisp

4 cups sliced tart apples (I used 4 largeish apples to get this amount - but I would use more next time)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened

Heat oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8x8x2" pan. Place apple slices in pan. Mix remaining ingredients thoroughly and sprinkle over apples. Bake 30 min, or until the topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Preferably with vanilla ice cream. =)

Enjoy!

No comments: