Wednesday, October 22

No Longer Contagious.

Today was the first day in a week and a half that I was able to function like a normal human being after the cold to end all colds knocked me out. I washed and dried my hair this morning and wore something besides an old sweatshirt to work. I also cooked dinner tonight, if you count boiling hot dogs and microwaving broccoli cooking.

I haven’t been this sick (or sick at all) in a long time. My hubby said “did you really think you’d never get another cold again?”. I have to admit I sort of did. Silly me.

Part of the problem was that I couldn’t afford to take any time off work and had commitments in the evenings and over the weekend that I couldn’t miss. Nothing like not getting enough rest to extend a cold. Of course, I was in a horrible fog at work – doing the bare minimum to get by and staring blearily at people who were attempting to carry on a conversation with me.

Not to worry – I didn’t infect any one.

I picked up my knitting for the first time in almost a week tonight. (I also looked around at the mess in the kitchen and the piles of laundry… ugh, not feeling up to that yet!)

I have a bunch of photos I need to take and up load to Ravelry. About a month ago I photographed about a dozen scarves and hats to add to my projects and then lost the files. Seriously. I think I must have deleted them off the memory card thinking I had already transferred them to my computer, but never actually did. Which is a pain in the butt since they were good photos , and scarves are not the easiest things to get good photos off.

Wish me good light tomorrow afternoon!

No comments: