Monday, December 10

Nothing much to show.

I think I may be one of the only people who doesn’t turn to knitting when I am stressed or busy to unwind. I wish I could just pick up the needles and work on something to help calm me down or get my mind off life but it really doesn’t happen that way for me. Knitting becomes one more thing when I am busy, almost a chore, and I honestly spend more time than I would like to admit occupying my brain in very un-interactive ways. I have had a lot on my mind the last few weeks (nothing bad, just lots of little stuff) and have filled my evenings with wandering somewhat aimlessly around the apartment, staring at the TV or surfing the internet without really seeing any of it. Unfortunately, my coping mechanism for stressed and busy is complete avoidance.

Some stress is coming from the projects that I wanted to knit as Christmas gifts. Now this really isn’t a big deal in the grand scheme of things and I had alternate ideas from the beginning in case I didn’t finish anything. But I still wanted to try, you know? And I am dealing with running short on time by ignoring it all. Knit? What? I do that? My husband mentioned the other night that I hadn’t been knitting much lately and was a little worried. No, nothing’s wrong, just avoiding reality!

So we’ll see. I am very close to finishing one gift and if I can get myself to focus for an hour or so tonight it should be done.

No comments: