Monday, December 24

Finished: Small Christmas things

I pretty much gave up on my Christmas gift project list a few weeks ago when I was interviewing for my new job. So when I had some free time the last few nights I didn't know what to work on. Should I knit on one of the gifts that will never be done in time? Should I start something new for myself? The first idea wasn't very appealing and the second made me feel a little guilty so I started a few little gifts that I knew I could finished.

First up, mini mittens (pattern is here) out of Knit Picks Palette yarn. I attached these to the ribbon on my in-law's gift.


mini mitts 2


I also decided I had to make a toy for my parent's (spoiled brat) cat, Maggie. This is the mouse from the "catwarming set" in S&B Nation. I left off the eyes and ears, since Maggie would destroy them in about 30 seconds.


cat toy mouse


I used Brown Sheep Nature Spun Worsted in brown, along with some leftover Trekking XXL for a little color. I know she will appreciate it! ;-)

No comments: