Wednesday, March 17

Busy, but not much to show for it!

I've been so busy with everything lately, but feel like I'm not getting anywhere on anything! Don't you hate that?

We got a freak snowstorm the day before yesterday. Almost 6" in one day. A "last hurrah" for winter I hope! I'm so ready for spring. Here is a photo taken from my back porch about halfway through the storm.



note: the barn is not mine, it just happens to be right behind my apartment building!


I have not worked on either the second Ironstone sock or Tasha bag lately. The two toe-up socks are finally progressing at a faster rate, so I think I am going to finish them together. (I was contemplating removing one from the circs and finishing them individually!) I really want them to turn out the same shaping-wise, since other socks I have made each fit differently than their mate.



This is Ironstone sock/Linear Lace #1


One quick project that I finished and don't think I ever mentioned here was a washcloth for Steve. He requested one, (non-girly) and I came up with this:





I just took the pattern for basketweave stitch, cast on enough stitches for a few repeats, and knit away. I really love the basketweave pattern. It looks so complicated but is fairly easy to do. I'm sure I have a few knits and purls in the wrong place, but they hide well in the pattern ;-) You can see the pen for scale - it turned out huge! Believe it or not, this took less than 1 ball of sugar 'n cream. A good reference for future washcloths - I am always making them small since I think I will not have enough yarn in a ball to finish!

No comments: