Thursday, December 8

More Craftiness: Tree Skirt

I've had a urge to tackle small, instant gratification projects this holiday season. Probably because I've finally put my foot down with myself and decided that not all handmade gifts need to be knitted!

(Long time readers might noticed that there was not a "Gift Knitting 2011" post this year. Very freeing.)

I found this kit for a felt tree skirt at Joann's for 50% off. Since I've been meaning to make (knit) a skirt for the last umpteen years I figured this was a good trade off.


tree skirt


The kit had instructions for sewing or gluing. Even thought I had my sewing machine out from the Advent Calendar project I still went with fabric glue. Much less fiddly. (I did however sew the rickrack along the edge - I thought it would be more of a pain (in my hand, literally) to have to squeeze the glue that whole way.)

Another awful photo. Damn you, early darkness!! I want sun!

No comments: