Tuesday, December 6

Advent Calendar

First of all, I want to say a truly sincere thank you to everyone who as contacted me both by email and on Ravelry about my Dad.   Your thoughts and advice really help.  =)

I've been in a crafty mood lately, mostly thanks to Pintrest.  (Don't use Pintrest?  Go! Go now!)   I came across an advent calendar with a sewn paper pocket for each day, that you would have to tear to open.   For whatever reason I just had to make one.   I thought it would be perfect for my parents as a fun little distraction each day.




PB245011


I had so much fun putting this together.  Sewing paper is practically addicting. The original idea from Pintrest had each pocket sewn in a Christmas shape: stars, trees, etc.    I had one go at a star and decided to stick with ovals and squares.   I'd probably still be fiddling with it if I hadn't!      Each packet contains a small something wrapped in tissue paper.    The numbers were cut out from a sheet of Teresa Collins' Christmas Home scrapbook paper.


My parents loved the surprise and it seems to be serving it's purpose well so far.

No comments: