Saturday, September 19

Last Weekend

I can't believe a week has gone my since Mom and I were at Stitches Midwest. I am once again so far behind in things I want to write about.

I took Friday off work and stayed in a hotel in Schaumburg (about 45 min from home) for two nights. Friday night was basically just for fun - a girls night with mom - but I stayed Saturday because my husband and I were going to a concert at the Park West in the city and I didn't want to have to drive home after my class on Saturday, down to the city, back home, and then back to Schaumburg the next day. It worked out really well, and was a nice little escape from the real world for a few days. In fact, by the time work on Monday rolled around the perpetual mental list of things I needed to do that morning was gone from my brain. Wow. It's a good thing I write everything down!

Unfortunately I don't have any photos at all of the entire weekend. Lame. I'm gotten so bad about pulling my camera out and taking pictures. I need start that again. I think it's nice to have a record of even the somewhat mundane things in life.

The two classes I took at Stitches were excellent. I am going to take a few photos of what I learned and talk a little bit about them in a separate post.

We (well, I) did quite a bit of damage at the Stitches market. Since I was there for three days (Friday with Mom, Saturday and Sunday for classes) I kept going back and picking up 'just one more thing'.


Stitches Midwest


I'm not going to show a photo of the yarn, since much of it is for gifts.

______

I feel it necessary to say that I am a little overwhelmed my all of my yarn and projects at the moment. I didn't mention it here yet but a few months ago I ran across a sort of local yarn store that was going out of business, and had everything 75% off. Ahem.


massive yarn haul


I have enough yarn now for about 10 sweaters, 25 pairs of socks, and countless other smaller projects. This is the first time it has ever felt like too much and I am looking forward to finishing some of the gift projects and getting them out of here.

No comments: