Saturday, August 2

Birthday!

This Friday, August 1st, was my 28th birthday. I didn't have to work, so I spent the morning lounging around by myself. I did a little knitting, watched some I Love Lucy DVDs, surfed Ravelry, and drank an entire pint of chocolate milk. (I mildly regretted that later...)

I wanted to go for a semi-local mini-vacation for my birthday weekend, but everything we looked at was either booked or outrageously expensive. Oh well. So I decided for a nice dinner out and movie with my husband. Dinner was Tsukasa, a Japanese grill - Benihana type place. Yummy. Except you smell like fried rice for the rest of the night! We stopped for a scoop of ice cream at Ben & Jerry's and then went to see the X-Files movie. I know it hasn't received very good reviews, but I'm an X-Files fan from way back in the day and I really liked it. I might say more about it later if I remember. I'm waaay behind in posts I want to write.

I received some great gifts from Steve, including some knitting related ones! I'll show you those in the next post. We are going to visit my parents for a birthday BBQ today. They say the have gifts and cake for me. Yay!

No comments: