Wednesday, August 18

Troubles

Alright, so somehow while I was out of town for 4 weeks my computer managed to break itself. Really surprising, considering it was off that entire time and working fine when I left.

I mentioned that my internet was not working. I called (or more accurately, Steve called since I hate dealing with these things) Mediacom and I need to register my IP address or something like that. They say I should be able to get online to do it, but Internet Explorer had different ideas. It got itself all messed up somehow, and needs to be uninstalled and then reinstalled.

All this really isn't a big deal... Except... how did it happen???

Geez.

BUT Steve is now out of town for 5 days, and who knows if I can figure it out on my own. I'd hate to do something wrong and make the situation worse!

Knitting content:

If it quits raining before I leave work, I am going to stop at a store and pick up some double pointed needles to finish the hat I started a few weeks ago. If that happens, and if my computer can heal itself, I'll post a photo of it soon. I'd do it from here.. but don't quite think it would fall under the "appropriate business use" category. Then again, I'm not sure typing this does either! :-)

No comments: