2011? Really? What about all of those things I planned back in January in 2010?
It's amazing how the passage of time seems to change as we get older. Summer is over before it seems to begin, a day off work goes by in about 15 minutes, weeks disappear as we try to make it to the weekend.
I'm not one to make resolutions, but something I've (finally) learned about myself in 2010 is that I need concrete goals and time lines. Strange as it seems, the days off work that I plan out to the letter feel far longer and more satisfying than those I just try to relax on. I suppose I've always intuitively known this, but only recently discovered how much writing it down solidifies a plan for me. I planned it out on paper; I should try to follow it.
To this end, I've written up a list of goals that I want to accomplish by the end of the year. Now, I'm not going to work myself up in a panic to finish these - some are actually very easy - but it is a nice reference to see how much I am actually accomplishing.
1) Be Healthy - lose an amount of weight I managed to find in the past year
2) Be able to run a 5k (key word is run...the whole thing)
3) Read 12 books (easy - already down two)
4) Knit 12 pairs of socks (Easy, but probably wouldn't think to do it otherwise)
5) Knit 6 sweaters-sized projects (same as above)
6) Spin 12 braids of fiber (again)
7) Take at least 20 photos a month (my picture taking has dropped off significantly recently)
I think there might be a few more, but this is what I remember at the moment. Basically, they are all things I would be doing anyway (except the 5k) if I didn't fritter away so much time doing not much at all.
I also want to blog more, if only to get out my thoughts and feeling. I think I may be switching this site back over to Blogspot in the coming months. I'll let you know ahead of time so anyone still linking here will know where to go. The dot com has been a lot of fun over the years, but it's something I just don't feel like I need anymore.