Monday, October 11

Little Things

I put a little "knit by" label in Omi's birthday hat before sending it home with Mom this weekend to give to her. My sewing skills leave much to be desired, but I think it looks all right, and most importantly, you can't see any of the stitches from the right side.





I needed a small NASCAR knitting project for the race last Sunday and decided to try something new instead of doing the logical thing and working on a project that is already in progress! I used a little bit of yarn left over from the Diamond Socks to make this little cell phone sleeve*:





I have wanted to make one for a while to keep my phone from getting scratched by keys, sunglasses or random pens in my purse. Since I like purses that are basically just an open bag, things always end up jumbled at the bottom and a few times I have found my phone flipped open in there. We'll see how well it stays on. I am considering adding a little button to the top but only if it really does not want to stay in on its own.

Do you like my Spongebob pajama pants? I put them on at 5:30 when I got home from work. (Then I fell asleep on the couch for two and a half hours.) Gotta get over this cold so I can sleep at night like a normal person!

Today was a federal holiday but unlike Wendy, I didn't get the day off. =( Of course, I can't really complain since I worked on purpose to get comp time for later this month. I CAN complain that the power and air handling system were off in the morning so it was 90 degrees in the lab the rest of the day. Blah.

**It's not really a case and I'm sure not going to call it a cozy!

No comments: