Sunday, March 30

OK: the socks are going to put put on hold, since I have come up with a new, more urgent project. I need a cute little purse to take to my cousin's wedding in a few weeks. Since I couldn't find anything fancy enough in the stores (or maybe thats just an excuse...) I decided to make it. I wasn't sure how exactly I was going to do it, so I bought a bunch of different yarns. You can see them in the picture below:

(A) is silver crochet cotton, (B) is silver glitterspun by LB, (C) is black glitterspun by LB, (D) is chenille sensations by LB, (E) is chenille thick and quick by LB, (F) is fun fur by LB. (I went to Hobby Lobby - can you tell?) Also in the picture is a zipper for the top, some silver and black onyx beads to make a zipper pull, and marble-ish fabric for a lining. I've done some swatches, and I think I am going to go with the black glitterspun and chenille sensations held together, with a strip of fun fur added at the top just before the zipper. I really wanted to do fun fur all the way, but the swatch was too hairy-looking for the effect I was going for.

No comments: